Thursday, October 11, 2012

This Blog is Written in Invisible Ink

In high school, my fellow DDP member Paul needed help one day with his school work so I obliged. He needed help writing a semester’s worth of journals for a Writer’s Craft class just hours before their due date. As a fellow procrastinator (procrastinator’s unite tomorrow!), I obliged.

As the minutes dwindled to the time for him to get them in, I wrote on the top of one page, “This journal is written in invisible ink” and left the rest of the page blank. The teacher loved it and promptly gave it a great mark. However, for Paul and I, it was a journal done out of desperation to hit that magic number of entries and squeeze out an assignment in the minutes before it was due. It was not intended to make some sort of bold statement (which the teacher believed it to be). We had nothing else to write and so we just got creative.

I feel it is important for me to write this blog in invisible ink, but for very different reasons.  Unlike my last “invisible ink” writing it isn’t out of desperation to get an assignment done. There are just too many stories about to unfold that aren’t for me to pen.


Will Dallas Eakins coach the team to a Calder Cup? Will Paul Ranger make his comeback? Who will dazzle the management enough to win a Leafs roster spot? When will the NHL lockout end and what will the impact of the NHL lockout have on the AHL season?

I’m leaving this blog up to the Marlies to write. The truth is, nobody knows how 2012-13 will be played out for the NHL, the AHL, or the Marlies. The 2012-13 season is their story to share with all of us. Nobody knows the ending but the plot is shaping up to be a real doozie.

What we do know is that the players are ready, the fans are more than ready, and all will be revealed in the days and months ahead.

Let’s Go Marlies! Bring the Calder Cup to Toronto!

No comments: